Sweet Potato & Lentil Curry
Fill your kitchen with the sweet smells of sweet potato and lentil curry. This easy to cook nutritious dish will warm hearts and stomachs and is a favourite dish loved by school children across Southampton.
- Cook lentils in vegetable stock until soft, retain lentils and liquid
- Peel & dice sweet potato, cook in water as regular potatoes but do not allow to become too soft
- Make a sauce using the margarine, the flour and curry powder.
- Add juice from the tomatoes to make a smooth paste. Add the tomatoes
- Add the drained sweet potato and lentils in stock to the paste and combine
- You will be left with a curry type consistency. If too thin simmer until it thickens, if too thick add some water and simmer until sauce consistency
- Check for seasoning and adjust as necessary
Topics: Main Meals